Spring has sprung 3-23-2021
Although we have been jumping all winter long we have now begun training new jumpers and offering tandems for the coming season. Our first jump course schedule is set, both FJC and tandem sign ups are now open on the website. A $50 deposit is required upon sign up.
USPA SAFETY DAY March 14th, 2020
Join us for USPA Safety Day All skydivers are welcome! Start time 9:30am at the Dropzone.
FJC, Maybe Open Saturday?, Open Sunday
We have the first jump course morning portion starting at 9am tomorrow. Right now, the winds are looking a bit on the high side, so we may not open tomorrow. If we do, it would be more in the afternoon. Eric would be flying. Stay tuned Saturday morning for possible jumping Saturday afternoon.
Sunday, we will be open! Winds will be light, the sky will be clear. First jump students (3 of them) will make jumps. KSNT will have two memebers of their news team out to make tandem jumps. Some of you need your first hop and pop so that you can jump the Supervan. Plans are to open by 9am, but the DZ will likely be open earlier. We'll have a packing class, and we might even get someone licensed!
"There is fun to be had!"
Open Saturday at 8am
Open Saturday at 8am, wheels up by 9.
Forecast Changed, Closed Today
The forecast got worse. We’re closed today.
Open Sunday Afternoon
Clouds are supposed to lift mid-afternoon. We are thinking jumping will be possible by 4pm, but doors will be open by 2pm. If anyone needs help deciding, there will be food.
Closed Saturday, Stay Tuned for Sunday
Clouds are supposed to be below 2,000 ft all day tomorrow. Sunday afternoon may work for at least hop and pops. We’ll look at Sunday’s forecast tomorrow and make the call by evening.
Open Sunday at 11:30
Doors open around 11:30am, pilot arrives at noon. We’ve got 2 tandems scheduled for tomorrow, and the forecast looks jumpable at noon or shortly thereafter. The winds should be acceptable for static line students, so come on out!
Show up a couple hours earlier if you’d like to see how a reserve is packed.
Closed Saturday, Open Sunday
Due to the forecasted low clouds, high winds, and isolated thunderstorms, we’ll be closed Saturday. We will be open Sunday unless the forecast changes significantly between now and then.
We have two tandems scheduled for Sunday. First jumpers from the most recent course should try to come out to make first jumps. Even if a low ceiling keeps us from full altitude, static lines still can go up.
Closed Sunday, March 19th
We are closed Sunday due to forecasted high winds. Have a great spring break!
Open Friday at 2:30pm, Saturday at 8am
We are open tomorrow at 2:30pm, wheels up by 3. Saturday, we will open at 8am. Static line instructor available for student recurrency and first jumpers both days.
Email us at email@example.com if you’d like to do a tandem on Saturday. I will need to check with our tandem instructors, but we likely can take a few people.
For students, winds should stay under student limits both days, but to minimize your chances of not jumping Saturday, try to show up early as winds may pick up throughout the day. On Friday, we may be at or near the limit when we open but winds are supposed to steadily decline into the evening.
Looking forward to an incredible season.